Monday, May 25, 2015

Remember

I remember being terrified of earthquakes and serving missions.
I remember the fire that lit the mountain when I was young. We sat and watched it that night.
I remember moving, and I hated the idea, the fact, and that I had no choice.
I remember my first swim practice. That was the first time I had ever felt manly, and I loved it.
I remember being sad to move back.
I remember staying quiet on the first day of school. It was my first time keeping my mouth shut.
I remember my first crush after moving.
I remember being terrified of middle school because it was so big.
I remember that middle school sucked. The teachers were weird and the kids were weirder.
I remember I still had good times in middle school.
I remember being excited for high school.
I remember that sophmore year was dominated by feeling that death was preferable to life.
I remember wasting my time for the next two years. Still going.

No comments:

Post a Comment